Medical Massage/Manual mobilization is result orientated and specifically directed to resolve specific conditions. The physical therapists and physical therapy assistants may use a variety of techniques during the treatment and will focus on the areas of the body related to that condition.
Medical Massage/Manual Therapy has many physiological effects, such as:
- Releases tight and sore muscles which increases circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently and heal more quickly.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and relieves nerve compression and entrapment.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Deactivates Myofascial Trigger Points and muscle spasm resulting in Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation.
Medical Massage/Manual Therapy provided under our setting is cost effective. Our therapists are required to raise their education to greater levels. This enables our therapist to focus on the true source of the patients musculaskeletal issue, decreasing the total number of treatments and time required to overcome these issues.
Medical Massage is useful in addressing conditions such as:
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tennis/Golfers elbow
- Plantar fascitis
- Back and Neck pain
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Migraine/Tension headaches
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Piriformis Syndrome
- and much more